What is GATE Exam
GATE 2019 (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is being organized by IIT Guwahati on February 1, 2, 08, and 09, 2019. It is held for admission to PG programs in engineering / technology / science / architecture at IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and other colleges. Several PSUs will also recruit using GATE exam scores. MCQ and NAT questions in the examination will be based on official syllabus published for IITG
The purpose of GATE exam are, one, to determine merit for admission to M.Tech, PhD in IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs; and two, for PSU recruitment. GATE exam is conducted jointly by IISc and IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee on behalf of National Coordination Board (NCB-GATE).
GATE 2019 Application Form
GATE 2019 application form is available now. Eligible candidates can go for GATE 2019 registration at GOAPS. They will enter full name as per degree certificate, email address, mobile number, and password. Registration for GATE 2019 generates a GOAPS Enrollment ID which will be used for login. For the purpose of entering online application, password must also be kept safely.
- Steps involved in filling up GATE 2019 registration are all online.
- Enter name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, address, education, GATE paper in application form.
- Upload photograph and signature.
- Pay application fee (Rs 750 for female or SC / ST / PwD candidates / Rs 1500 for other candidates) using net banking / credit card / debit card. In the event that examination center has opted outside India, the application fee is US$ 50 for Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu, and US$ 100 for Dubai and Singapore.
- Candidates need not send hard copy of filled in registration of GATE 2019 in offline mode to IIT Guwahati.
- Application status is displayed after the form is submitted.
GATE Exam Pattern
It is important to know GATE exam pattern to be familiar with the examination. Preparation must be done with exam pattern of GATE in mind.
- GATE is a computer-based test. There will be two types of questions namely MCQs and NATs in the exam.
- MCQs are Multiple choice questions. The questions will be followed by options, out of which one will be most appropriate and has to be marked as answer.
- NATs are Numerical answer type questions. The answer to these questions will either be integers or decimals. Also, an appropriate range will be considered while evaluating the numerical answer type questions so that the candidate is not penalized due to the usual round-off errors.
- Some questions will be of 1 mark and some will be of 2 marks.
- Only MCQs will have negative marking.
- For a 1 mark question, there will be 1/3 negative marking. Whereas for a 2 marks question, there will be 2/3 negative marking.
- There will be overall 65 questions of 100 marks.
How to prepare for GATE Exam ?
- 1. Know all about GATE Exam 2019.
- 2. Analyze your present situation.
- 3. Use the best GATE Exam Preparation Material.
- 4. Have the correct approach towards GATE Exam Preparation.
- 5. How much time do you need to prepare well for GATE Exam?
- 6. Time Management.
- 7. Avoid distractions. Say bye bye to Facebook, Twitter and all that wastes your time.
- 8. Self-analysis is the best analysis for
- 9. Make your own notes for GATE Preparation.
- 10. Do not give up!
Hope you will crack the GATE 2019 Exam. Best wishes!!!