How to Become IES Topper
Cracking IES examination requires proper study strategy, determination and focus. It requires constant efforts towards each subject in clearing up the basic concepts to obtain good marks.
Just mugging up the concepts is not going to help you score well, rather you must focus more on the understanding part together with the practical approach of the subject. Strategic preparation, time management, smart study are few key points if followed, will allow any aspirant to crack the IES examination.
The full strategy of IES Preparation:
Here are some tips that will help you to get High Score in IES exam in the first attempt: …
- Time Table
- Follow Your Time Table: Schedule is the key to success. For self-study students, especially those who don’t go to college or work, discipline may go down the drain. Waking up at 10 AM, sleeping at 3, things like that. Divide the whole day into 2–3 slots and study different subjects in different slots. Prepare a proper schedule of when to study. Prepare a convenient schedule for your preparation and stick to your deadlines. Don’t take this lightly. I realized it last year when I was preparing for IES
- Test series:
- Do you really want to stay focused while preparing for IES then must join test series… test series will automatically keep you active in the preparations but you need to keep yourself according to the test series schedules.
- Many Students make a mistake that they will join the test series just before a month. They join test series very late because they think that first they will prepare every Theory Part then take the test Series is a very wrong way… Many students do this mistake which results in them to lose some marks. Just join the test series and see the effect in your final IES score. It will be awesome.
- Choose the subject – Clear your concept- solve problems- take the test of the subjects- evaluate your performance. and continue same for all subjects of IES exam
- I recommend , especially for IES. It provides 38 Topic wise, Subjects wise and Full IES Test. very conceptual and relevant questions for IES exam. It also emails the most important and highly weightage Topic/chapter’s name to his/her user. and one most important thing is that it also allows all the test series which you have left till now.
- Never miss Topic wise test which is most important and the Full IES test.
- Give Topic wise/Chapter wise test followed by Subject wise tests and then Full syllabus tests.
- Engineering Math’s and General Aptitude
- These subjects also play a vital role in scoring and getting high rank So do not neglect these subjects. Together they will comprise about 25% of the total marks. So, try and be perfect in those areas.
- For these sections Just purchase Previous year maths Solved Books by MADE Easy Publication. Don’t go for B S Grewal. Because you have very less time and you need to be very clear about the fields from which questions generally asked. Follow this books only when you are unable to understand the concept. then go for details.
- For General Aptitude Section. Solved R S Aggarwal Aptitude books.
- Recommended books for all other subjects just follow Ignited Engineers website. they have arranged books list very beautifully.
- Make a Short Notes
- Keep noting the mistakes, Important facts, formulas in a separate Notebook. it will help you to revise just before the exam in a very short time. because it is almost impossible to revise 9–10 subjects just 1 day before.
- Keep on brushing up everything from your strong suites every week or so.
- Many students also make a mistake here, many students are busy in studying only, They have no time to revise. but one thing you should keep in mind that without regular revise of the subjects you are losing the concepts and formulas. so give 5 to 10 minutes every day for every subject to revise what you have studied before.
- Solve Previous Year Questions
- Do previous year questions 2 times at least. there is one common trend in IES exam that you can follow, most of the time they ask questions from the same, IES exam also repeats the previous year Questions either direct or there will be value changed. So, the previous year question is very much important for the aspirants.
- IES is a kind of exam where your concepts need to be 100% clear. Solve the number of questions from the previous year. and find out if you are not able to get the correct answer on your favorite subject. Revise the subject again and solve more question.
- Take proper sleep minimum 6 hours in the night.
- 45 to 60 minutes in the day when you are studying whole time in a day.
- Skipping nights won’t make you a topper, sure you’ll end up losing some weight and that results in some health issue.
- IES Phobia:
- This is not the toughest exam in the world and not the end of the world if you didn’t succeed. So don’t get anxious just by thinking how to make it? Just start and keep moving, all things going to be fall in right place after that.
- IES Exam is a single exam in India in which almost 15 % students get success. Otherwise, in other exams like IES, IAS – success is not more than 2%. So don’t lose your confidence till the end of IES exam.
- Balanced Preparation:
- Everybody has started IES preparation. Many of them will start completing the full syllabus but that syllabus completion is as per his own terms. Some people leave books altogether in their preparation, some rely only on previous year papers, some just read coaching notes and hardly practice any numerical. Some of them have completed not the full syllabus but only the portion of the syllabus that is being mostly asked. These types of preparation might help you to qualify the IES exam but not for the good rank. For IES Exam, the balance preparation is necessary.
- Regular Exercise.
- Exercise is mandatory if you want yourself away from sickness. your 15-day sickness may decrease your rank from top to average.
Timetable You should be followed while you were doing your IES preparations
Here is the Time management for IES preparation which I had also managed the same as mentioned below…
- wake in the early morning i.e 5:00 o’ clock. in 10 minutes, complete your all regular universal jobs, do some exercise and seat for study.
- Choose the IES subjects which require more concentration, you know that morning is the best time to memorize the things.
- Start study another IES subjects. study the same for 2- 3 hours
- and do same for all subjects. if you are college students then give also some time to college subjects.
- Stop discussion useless topics with your friends. Keep yourself out from the discussion. if your friends are also studying for the same then discuss but only about the topics. and so on.
You have 5 months to prepare for IES exam. The one who is the little bit serious about IES exam can crack IES but as you know that Cracking with good rank in IES examination requires proper study strategy, determination and focus. It requires constant efforts towards each subject in clearing up the basic concepts to obtain good marks.
Conclusion: Cover full syllabus and give more time on the important area from which Question generally comes, join the Test Series, solve previous year question paper and making short note will help you to get fully prepared for IES exam. just have recommended books and start preparing. Reading clear your concept up to 30% but solving previous year books & test series will excel your preparation up to 80 to 90 %, rest depends on your revision.